Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Change user lookup from name to DN

Upon customer request I post this ... on Unity 3.1.4, is there a way to change the default user lookup for finding user extensions from the default "name" lookup to the DN lookup? ... I know that the users can push "# #" to activate the DN lookup, but the customer wants this to be the default, with the user name lookup to be the one activated with "# #" .... any way to do this?

Also, what would cause the "# #" lookup change not to function in a new install? I'm at another customer site, and the "# #" does not change the lookup ... any ideas?

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Change user lookup from name to DN

You can change the default on the converstions page for suscribers in the SA udner the "sending messages" section. You can change this in bulk for groups of subscribers or all subscribers in the system using the Bulk Edit utility. Be sure to change the subscriber templates they're using so that new users created follow the new standard.

If the ## isn't working for all folks it may be due to them having trouble getting the key presses close enough together to be considered a double key event. There's no way to turn this off for a system, I'm sure it's working it's most likely a timing thing... some phone systems and folks on cell phones etc... tend to have problems with this. It defaults to 250 milliseconds but you can adjust this using the Advanced Settings tool. I'd reccomend not topping it out much past 400 milliseconds...

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content