Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed password not saved

I have a situation where when the users phone password expires, and they change it through the phone, it doesn't appear to get changed in fact, as the next time they go in they get asked to change the password again.<br><br>I can't see anything obvious in the docs or forum as to what causes this. Changing the password through the management interface sorts out the problem.<br><br>Thanks<br><br>Solution Architect<br>MCSE Unity SE<br>Compaq Global Services

3 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Changed password not saved

hmmm... what version of Unity are you at?

Does the password actually change but the flag for forcing the user to change it doesn't get changed? Perhaps the cache isn't writing it through... can you try changing it then waiting 10 minutes and checking it then (assuming you haven't already done that)?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

Hi

I am having this problem at one of my sites.

We are running unity 2.45 and all of a sudden users are reporting their passwords expiring every day. I have made changes to the TAPI driver (1.0.0.32) and switched the CODEC to G729. But I cant think how that would effect passwords.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

jim

Anonymous
N/A

There was a bug a while back where the 'force user to change password at next login' flag was being set and not cleared properly for users. Every time they called in to check messages over the phone they'd be prompted to change their PW. Is that whats happening here? Or can they call in all day and only when the clock rolls over do they get prompted to change the PW?

Check the "force change" flag for one of these users and check the password policy page to make sure the expiration time isn't set for 1 day or something along those lines...

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content