cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changed phone extension not changed on phone.

jsmbrown
Level 1
Level 1

I have run into this on more than one occasion. I change the extension of a line on a phone. I then reset the phone in Call Manager. I check the phone. It still has its old phone extension. I reboot the phone. Still it uses the old phone extension. We have publisher and subscriber. SQL is replicating properly. Phones register to subscriber as primary.

Any ideas?

4 Replies 4

jrsteele21
Spotlight
Spotlight

Couple of ideas, hope these help.

I am sure you checked this, but what does the "Line Text Label" box say, maybe you inadvertantly put an extension in that box.

Are you making the changes on the publisher?

Are you using a default profile of some sort?

Extension was created on the line.

Changes are on publisher

no profile.

One more obvious thing, you probably did do this though, i know i have done this before, is that you have to be sure to click the update button after any change is made before resetting or the changes do not take effect.

Yes, the update button was pressed. I even checked the numplan table in SQL for DNorPattern. The new extension shows up as a record. I know that SQL gets the change. It is like Call Manager is not reading the new information for the phone out of SQL. It must be a bug. I have been working with Call Manager for some time. I know how to change a phone's extension. It is not something I am doing wrong.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: