Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes do not take effect after BulkEdit

We migrated about 225 subscribers from PBX to CallManager on a Unity 4.0(3) system. I used the latest version of BulkEdit to make the change and the changes were successful. The problem is, the changes that were made have not taken effect. Even though the SA shows the user on the correct switch, the MWI notifications are still being sent to the PBX (as seen through Integration Monitor).

The only way I can get the change to take effect is go into the SA, make some minor change to the user to get the "Save" icon to light up and save the user.

Is there a way to make these changes take effect without having to restart Unity (the customer is very sensitive to this because their system is fairly busy) or having to manually save each user?

8 REPLIES

Re: Changes do not take effect after BulkEdit

Are MWI Notifications still being sent to CallManager? Are the lights on the ip phones being toggled?

Are there any errors in the bulkedit log? Run this sql query before you make bulkedit changes:

use UnityDB

select alias, switchID from Subscriber

Next compare it to what you see by running this query:

use UnityDB

select parentalias, switchID from NotificationMWI

Before you make the bulkedit change everything should match. Then go ahead and make your change via BulkEdit, and run the query again. Did the switchID from both queries change and still match each other? Finally, make your SAWeb change, and run the query a last time. What do you see now?

adam

I was unable to reproduce this on my lab box with a callmanager and sip integration.

adam

The results of the first two querys did match but this was after we already ran the Bulk Edit tool and made the changes. After the changes, you can go into SAWeb, and it shows the correct switch type, which is the same that shows after I make a change via SAWeb. The switchID still shows as "1" (which is CallManager) but when I do a "Refresh Status" on the user's mailbox, I can still see the MWI going out the SMDI link.

Cisco Employee

OK... the switch Id is stored in multiple places - check that the switch Id was changed on the MWI devices for subscribers as well. The switch ID you see in the SA is only the "general" switch Id for the subscriber, each notification device and MWI can be seperately assigned to different swtiches.

If you run this query it'll show you a list of all the MWI's for each subscriber and what switch Id they're assigned to:

SELECT Subscriber.Alias, NOTificationMWI.Alias, NOTificationMWI.SwitchID FROM NOTificationMWI INNER JOIN Subscriber

ON NOTificationMWI.ParentObjectID=Subscriber.SubscriberObjectID

Let me know if some of the subscribers that are supposed to be on switch 1 have MWI devices that are on switch 0.

Cisco Employee

Also, if the query in the previous post shows the correct siwtch ID (which I suspect it will), try stopping and restarting the AvNotifierMgr service - this wont require you take Unity off line, but it'll reload the notification device information which should include the MWI devices.

We've got over 1000 users on this system so it's difficult to match up aliases with actual users. I picked one user that I know has the problem and found the results of the query you posted. The subscriber's SwitchID shows correctly (1).

I bounced the AvMsgStoreMonitor service based on the TAC engineer's recommendation and now Unity does not even see when new messages are left, much less send out MWIs. Prior to restarting the AvNotifier service, Unity would at least send out MWI notifications if you clicked "Refresh Status" on the subscriber's mailbox. After restarting AvNotifier, no MWIs are being sent out at all to PBX users. After restarting AvMsgStoreMonitor, Unity is no longer seeing when messages are left in the user's mailbox whereas before, Unity would see the new message but it was just sending the MWI to the PBX instead of CallManager.

Cisco Employee

How long after bouncing the notifier service did you wait? The notifier has to log into everyone's mailbox again which can take a while (it doesn't run full throttle so as to not hammer the CPU) - it may take a little while before everyone's mailboxes are being monitored again.

You can try picking an individual subscriber's mailbox in the SA and forcing an MWI synch for that guy - this will force the notifier to log into that user's mailbox - you can then see if it's triggering MWIs for that box as appropriate.

I waited about 10 seconds after restarting the service. Have been using the "Refresh Status" button on a subscriber's mailbox to send a MWI out but even after 10 minutes, it is still not working.

I can get into the user's Exchange mailbox (we're running VM only so I just open their mailbox w/ Outlook Express) and see the unread message there but the "Refresh Status" is not letting Unity see that there is a new message. I still see "Indicator Lamps: Off" for the user who has the new message.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content