Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Changes to Subscriber Template

I am trying to change settings to the subscriber template so they will apply to all the users assigned to this template. From what I have read, any changes to the template will not apply to existing users, but only to new users assigned to this template. Is there any way to make a change to a users settings, and have them apply to all my subscribers?<br><br>Senior Network Engineer<br>Kent Datacomm

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Changes to Subscriber Template

That's correct... The subscriber data is broken into two chunks: stuff coppied on at creation time (the template) and stuff associated with the COS the user is assigned to (permissions, access and some behavior options). The COS items are, of course, changable and all users associated with that COS instantly are affected by those changes.

The template info, on the other hand, is adjustable per user and once a user is created, there's no way to reset those items for everyone created with that template... we, in fact, don't maintain a link to the template the user was created with.

There's no built in bulk edit utility, but if you visit my web site below you'll find a BulkEdit utility that a lot of folks use out in the field that will let you change most properties on large groups of subscribers or call handlers. You can select to apply changes, for instance, to all users, users associated with a particular COS, users in a public distribution list or user in a specific range of extensions. It should get you where you need to go...

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content