Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Changing Callmanager IP Address Publisher and Subscriber

Has any one had any experience with this. I have read the Cisco document and read through the posts on this. It seems like you just change the ip of the box, change your references to the ip in the callmanager and update your DHCP server... Has any one done this in a running environment yet?

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
2 REPLIES

Re: Changing Callmanager IP Address Publisher and Subscriber

I would research this just a little more....I remember seeing a procedure for MCS servers that included some SQL changes as well. It was a nicly formed procedure, but a procedure none-the-less. It is a much easier process on the ICS-7750. Be careful!

Re: Changing Callmanager IP Address Publisher and Subscriber

Jeff,

It's a quite straight forward procedure.

Change the Machine IP address

Change all reference to IP address in CM config.

Re-Boot

As most people use IP addresses for CM config for server names, then these all need changing along with things like the Directories URL, services URL , Login / Logout service, etc.

Just make sure that you change every reference and it should be OK. I've done it numerous times and it's never been a problem. No need to Hack about in SQL, all the changes (apart from the OS) can be done in CM config. Just remember if you've got a subscriber to do the hosts/lmhosts file as well.

Paul

Views
Helpful
Replies