Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

Changing CCMAdmin "administrator" password on CM3.2.3

I have two (pub and sub) CCM3.2.3 servers where I must change the local administrator password to keep people out of the ccmadmin page.

Everything I have read (i.e. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00800b3ede.html ) states that the "administrator" account is not used by CCM and you can change it as long as it's changed to the same on all servers.

This seems too easy. Are there any gotchas/issues to just changing the pass within windows?

1 REPLY

Re: Changing CCMAdmin "administrator" password on CM3.2.3

The only other gotcha's that I ran into were IIS related. Some of the cisco web pages may use the Administrator account and have the password stored there. If so, you will need to update the passwords here as well. You most likely will only run into this if your using MLA. We found that MLA was a great way to secure our CallManagers rather then worrying about changing the Admin passwords.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content