cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing default number of rings

dennis-wilson
Level 1
Level 1

What is the service parameter that controls the default number of rings? I'd like to change from the default of three to five rings before the call gets sent to voicemail. Will changing this require a reboot or just a service restart for the cluster?

Thanks,

Dennis

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

OK, I went and checked our 4.1(3) system, and the service parameter is still 'forward no anser timer', but it can now be overridden on a line by line basis with the 'no answer ring duration'.

Mary Beth

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you want to apply this change for every phone in the cluster then use service parameter No Answer Ring Duration, with CCM 4.1 you can also change this at DN level by putting in the value in seconds under "No Answer Ring Duration"

Rate helpful posts!

Chris

maharris
Level 5
Level 5

That is the 'Forward No Answer Timer' in the service parameters, under Clusterwide Parameters, Feature - Forward. The default is 12 (seconds) max is 300, you would probably want to go to maybe 20. I don't think you have to stop and start the service, you could set it and try it.

Mary Beth

OK, I went and checked our 4.1(3) system, and the service parameter is still 'forward no anser timer', but it can now be overridden on a line by line basis with the 'no answer ring duration'.

Mary Beth

Sorry for the delay in response. This was exactly what I needed. Worked perfect.

Thanks,

Dennis