cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing lenght of call handler greetings

robynh
Level 1
Level 1

How and where would I change the length of the greetings for call handlers to be longer than 1 minute and 30 seconds? At the moment, Unity seems to be recording as long as someone is talking but it only plays back the first 90 seconds. I'm also wondering if it really recorded the whole script or just let people ramble until they were done?

Robyn Harwood

5 Replies 5

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is actually set on the Class of Service for the subscriber who is making the greeting change... it's on the "greetings" tab in their COS. You can crank this up to 999 seconds maximum.

It SHOULD tell you when the max recording time is reached (i.e. let recording a message and running out of time) - but testing this on my box here it doesn't... if you record the greetings via the SA/AA it will let you record for as long as you want but will then truncate it to the length allowed in the COS setting above.

I just tested the max recording time and didnt get a warning message...I notice from your post above that it wasnt working for you some time ago..has this been addressed or is it a known issue and if so, is there a workaround? We are doing certification testing right now and this is one of the tests required to pass...your input is appreciated. Unity 3.1.5, W2K, failover, exchange off-box.

Searching around in DDTS there's this bug:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCea79126&Submit=Search

Sounds like it may be what you're running into...

Does the max greeting length for a handler come from the COS setting of the subscriber who is logged into the SA, or from the subscriber who owns the handler?

As a rule all Class of Service related restrictions are applied using the COS of the user making the change (either through the SA or via the TUI).

however, I'm not entirely sure the call handler greeting lengths are enforced via the COS greeting length restrictions at all... I'd have to test that. I know subscriber greeting lengths are restricted using this setting.

But if the restrictions ARE applied, it'll be using the COS of the person making the change always - that's true of all COS related items including restriction tables, greeting lengths, voice name length etc...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: