Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing logos on 7912 phones

Has anyone come across a way to change the Cisco CME logo on the 7912 phones, running under CallManager Express, to something diferent (company logo in this case). Call manager is version 3.1.

Regards,

15 REPLIES

Re: changing logos on 7912 phones

Try this link. It is useful.

Creating Idle URL Using Graphics on Cisco IP Phone

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00801c0764.shtml

I have the same problem, have u ind any solution ??

thx

The link is not useful since it is for services display purposes, not for change the screen logo.

Does anyone know how to chang the logo on the 7912G phone with Call Manager Express?

Thanks.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

This is the guide by our fellow cisco CSE gogasca.

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Phone%20Services%20for%20End%20Users&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1dd6ffd5/3#selected_message

Rememeber that every time you change the logo again, you must increase the numeric ID used in both the bmp2logo command and the configuration file.

Sorry, but this is the guide for Call Manager, NOT Call Manager Express.

In CME you can't provide the provisioning URL.

Silver

Who says you can't change the provisioning URL for a Cisco IP phone using Call Manager Express? You absolutely can. You can also configure CCME to use an external tftp server and use a different provisioning xml file per phone. Details are provided in the CCME 4.0(3) docs:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00806a7fe7.html#wp1081059

Hall of Fame Super Gold

The process for changing logo is conceptually the same, Using CCME you will need to include "gkdefault.cfg" in a "tftp-server" configuration.

Any of the configuration guides above is not valid for CME.

I've opened a TAC case.

I'll tell you if can make it work.

Thanks anyway.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

No, the guides are valid. The process of converting the logog and creating the config file is made on a PC. Then you use a TFTP server of your choice to load the config file and the logo into the phone.

Many many people has done that already with CCME.

Please, send me the contacts that make this work with tath method.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Same useless guide since doesn't work with Call Manager Express.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Davidfloria you are incorrect.

As I mentioned before the guide is valid because the procedure is independent form the platform used. It is all about preparing image file, binary file, and put them on a TFTP server, that can be CCM, CCME, or third-party.

Now if you was to tell us what exactly your problem is, or what is not clear to you, we would be able to help you better.

Hello,

i am sure that the below link will help you to customize the logo on 7912, 7906 phones, i personally did it this way

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_ipphon/english/ipp7906/admin/4_23/11cust.htm#wp1088046

Hall of Fame Super Gold

The link above is for 7906 and 7911 phones only.

Instead, 7905 and 7912 do not support user-settable backgrounds and XML list. Only a fixed logo can be displayed and the guide is referenced in my post above.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content