Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Changing numbers on CTI port

Hello Everyone,

We are in the process of transitioning our helpdesk over to somewhere else. The forwarding and stuff is easy. we take care of that with our carrier.

Our guys at our office will become application support guys. they will require a new number. We basicly want to disassociate the old number from their phones and associate a new number. Would you guys be able to point me in the right direction? We like how it is setup currently and the only thing we want to do is to change the number. I'm thinking all we need to do is change the number that is associated with the CTI port. We are running CRA version 3.5(2).

Will I have any issues doing this with JUST the DN on the cti port?

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
3 REPLIES

Re: Changing numbers on CTI port

You can JUST change the DN on the CTI without any problems.

Not sure exactly what you are trying to change here. You can leave the CTI ports as they are, as these numbers are usually non-DID numbers which are also not being used by any other phones. Are you looking at changing agent extensions ?

All agent usernames are defined in Callmanager and their phones and ICD extensions need to be associated with their username. If you change a number in a phone, go to the user configuration page in Callmanager to verify if the new number is still an ICD extension.

HTH

Sankar.

To answer your question, we are not changing the agent extensions. We just want to change the DN of the CTI port to reflect a different number so we can publish documentation for the new number. We will take care of the forwarding of the existing number through our carrier and assign a new number to the acd queue with out changing any of it's settings.

Views
Helpful
Replies