Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

changing partner exchange 2003 server,

I am currently trying to change the partner server for my unity 4.0 (5)

Current partner exhange server is 2003 with service pack 2. Future partner exchange server is 2003 service pack 2.

When a try and change the partner server i get

- Failed moving the mailbox for Unity_eksun01 from mailbox store "Mailbox Store (EKSINTRANET01)"" to mailbox store "First storage group, MailStore (EXCH2)"". Move the mailbox and then run this wizard again.

Windows event log has 2 errors

Event Type: Error

Event Source: CDOEXM

Event Category: Move Mailbox

Event ID: 9170

Date: 2/13/2006

Time: 11:34:17 PM

User: N/A

Computer: EKSUN01

Description:

Failed to update mailbox on Active Directory server 'EKSFS1'.

homeMDB: /dc=com/dc=eksigent/cn=Configuration/cn=Services/cn=Microsoft Exchange/cn=Eksigent/cn=Administrative Groups/cn=First Administrative Group/cn=Servers/cn=EXCH2/cn=InformationStore/cn=First Storage Group/cn=Mailbox Store (EXCH2)

homeMTA: /dc=com/dc=eksigent/cn=Configuration/cn=Services/cn=Microsoft Exchange/cn=Eksigent/cn=Administrative Groups/cn=First Administrative Group/cn=Servers/cn=EXCH2/cn=Microsoft MTA

msExchHomeServer: /o=Eksigent/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=EXCH2

Error: Access denied.

Event Type: Error

Event Source: CDOEXM

Event Category: Move Mailbox

Event ID: 1008

Date: 2/13/2006

Time: 11:34:17 PM

User: N/A

Computer: EKSUN01

Description:

Unable to move mailbox 'Unity_EKSUN01'.

Error: Access denied.

what access do i need to give the user to allow the mailboxes to be moved?

3 REPLIES

Re: changing partner exchange 2003 server,

I have had a situation before at one of our customers, where they moved the mailboxes, but reconfiguration of unity was not done. You will have to reconfigure Unity's message store configuration (Control Panel -> Add remove programs-> Message store configuration). Before this you may have to rerun Permissions wizard again.

Refer to Unity reconfig guide while you do this.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_upgrade_guides_chapter09186a0080205a7f.html

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Community Member

i was allready doing this config off of the document you noted.

I just upgraded permission wizard to latest version and re-ran it. Still getting same error message.

Cisco Employee

Move Unity_EKSUN01's mailbox to the new server's mailstore and run MSCW again. Permission Wizard - are you logged on with an account that has Exchange Administrator rights?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content