cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

changing private password on publisher using CM3.3(3)

ejrobali
Level 1
Level 1

I have a fully built publisher and am building the subscriber. Unfortunately I misplaced the private password phrase used on the publisher so I cannot finish building the subscriber. Is there a way to change the private password phrase on the publisher or do I need to start the installation of both servers again. Thank you!

7 Replies 7

ivillegas
Level 6
Level 6

If it is SQLSvc password it can be done and below is the link for that

Recovering an SQLSvc Account Password

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/pswd_rec_proc.html

dugrant
Level 4
Level 4

There is a utility in c:\program files\cisco\bin called adminutility.exe. There is also a document in the same directory on how to use the utility.

This utility will let you change the passwords on all the servers in the cluster with a few clicks. You can also change the private cluster phrase (there is no way to recover it). Click on the Globe, and select to change the password, and you will be prompted to enter the password phrase.

One more note: If you choose to use a non-default password, you cannot install a new subscriber into the cluster. You must change the passwords back to default before doing so, then change the passwords again after the new subscriber is installed.

I tried this utility on a CCM 3.3.3 sp1, and I can not make it work...

I did not find a document on how to use this utility, do you have the exact name of this document?

Thanks for your help.

Well ... It's seems to be really hard to change password on CCM 3.3.3. But I promise to help you !

Rick

I also need to reset the password phrase but fear that by doing so, I am going to kill my already running cluster. Is the default password in the adminutility the same as the local administrator account password on the win2k server? what is i'm not sure what the default password is and I need to go back? Is this stored somewhere?

The default password is the result of a 128 bit encryption algorhithm that is based on the name of the publisher.

The Administrator password is not changed, only the accounts you see in the list.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: