Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Changing SA password on Unity UM 3.x Server.

I have a customer that was doing an internal security audit and found that the sa password was nullon the unity server . What are the ramifications of setting the sa password from Enterprise Manager after the installation? OR What is the correct process to change the sa password on a unity server running MSDE?

Thank you in advance.

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Changing SA password on Unity UM 3.x Server.

When you say "SA" password here, are you talking about the SQL password? I assume so since you're talking about the Enterprise Manager here - we require that you allow Windows Authentication there as a minimum and all accounts in the local admins group are given access to the UnityDB database. If you installed SQL without allowing Windows Authentication Unity wouldn't be running. As long as you're not reconfiguring SQL to not allow that you should be able to change whatever PW you want...

unless I'm not understanding your question...

Re: Changing SA password on Unity UM 3.x Server.

You are correct with your assumptions. I just want to change the password for the SQL sa user. As long as I can put any password on the sa account, I will pass the audit. Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies