Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Changing SA Timout

Is there any way to change the timeout of the system administrator? The web logout timer.<br><br>thanks<br><br>Geoff<br><br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Changing SA Timout

yeah, you can do this, it just tried it out this morning and got it to fly right. You need to configure this in IIS and over ride the defaults for all the SA/AA/SM pages. To do this, open the Internet Information Services app (found in the administrator tools group).

Select the "default web site" node in the tree on the left, right click and select "properties". On the properties dialog select the "Home Directory" tab and hit the "configuration" button near the bottom. Select the "app options" tab and set the "session timeout" value to be the number of minutes the SA/AA should wait before hitting you with the 'we're bailing out' dialog. Hit the "apply" button and you should see a dialog asking if you want to over ride the script timeouts on all the pages in the site. Select all the pages (which includes all the SAweb, AA etc... sites Unity installs) and hit OK. You may need to do this a 2nd time for some reason (on my test box it came back with a shorter list of just the Unity pages and asked specifically if I wanted to over ride these). I selected yes and the times I stuck in there worked.

You may need to stop and start the web services (either via the IIS admin app or by stopping and starting it via the SCM). This is what I did during testing and it seemed to work out OK.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content