cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing the CallManager Name

tmaurello_2
Level 1
Level 1

I need to change the Cisco CallManager Name. Not the server name, but the name of the CallManager in the CM Administration tool.

CallManager Administration...System...CallManager...

The name that was used during the installation of the system is neither the IP address or the DNS name. They are running into some minor performance/delay issues, specifically with WebAttendant. I always change the server name to be the same as the IP address to avoid these issues.

I need to do this on a fully functional production system. Are there any related services or other CallManager parameters that will need to be manually updated with the new name?

2 Replies 2

dweiner
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Why is it that you need to change this name? It is highly recommended that you change the CallManager Administration -> System ->Server parameter to the IP address of the CallManager server as you mention that you do, but I haven't heard of any issues surrounding the parameter you mention for System ->Cisco CallManager.

Are you using the new Attendant Console upgrade or the "old" Web Attendant? I don't know that it will matter for the issue you posted, but the new AC has much better features and performance. Without knowing the specifics of the problem I can't say what actions need to be taken (apart from opening a TAC case ;^)

After thinking about it, you are right. The CallManager Name doesn't play a part in name resolution, so having the name as CM_Servername isn't a bad thing. In a nutshell, we are having about a 5 second delay before establishing 2-way audio when a call is transferred to a hunt group member. This only happens with the hunt group, not on regular transfers. They are using the old webattendant. We have scheduled the upgrade to the new Attendant Console tonight.