Changing the Exchange Server to which Unity 3.1(3) connects
I have unity 3.1(3) which is connected to Exchange 2000. Unity is already configured to connect to this Exchange server and is working fine. Exchange Server has to be installed on a new Machine. Is it possible to configure Unity to connect to this new Exchange Server.
Re: Changing the Exchange Server to which Unity 3.1(3) connects
How this SHOULD work is you simply uninstall the configuration setup and rerun it and pick a new Exchange server and youre done. Unfortunately with Ex2K to Ex2K moves this is busted bigger than life itself.
The good news is this is working in 3.1(5) the way it should. The bad news is youre not at 3.1(5) (its not shipping yet). The good news is you can do this manually without having to reinstall Unity. The bad news its a little hairy but it can be done. This is kind of long, but its not as bad as it looks take it one step at a time. Here's a somewhat edited set of steps from an internal QA document on how to do this:
"How to rehome Unity from one Exchange 2000 server to another"
NOTE: This has only been tested on Unity 3.1.
· Stop Unity.
· In AD Users and Computers, move user mailboxes from OldE2KSvr to NewE2KSvr. This includes the Unity Messaging System Account, example subscriber and example administrator accounts as well as the default distribution lists (all subscribers, unaddressed messages, system event messages).
· Open DohPropTest and force a full resynch of the AD monitor and the GC monitor. You do not need a password for this, just ignore the password and open DOHPropTest in read only mode. You can get this in the tools depot or in \commserver\techtools. The resync buttons are in the lower right be sure to do a total synch of both the AD and GC monitors. Theres no indication when its done, I normally just watch the CPU monitor and when it settles down its done.
· Stop the AD Monitor (AVDSAD) and GC Monitor (AVDSGlobalCatalog) via the Services applet.
· Delete the following registry setting:++ HKEY_USERS > .Default > Software > Microsoft > Windows NT > Current Version > Windows Messaging Subsystem > Profiles > Unity System Profile
This is the message profile for the Unity messaging system account and its still pointing to your old box if you delete it here and reboot Unity (later) the profile will get built to point at the mailbox on the new server automatically.
· Change the following registry settings to reflect the new server name. Be aware that some of these registry settings contain more than one reference to the previous Exchange server!
++ HKLM > Software > Active Voice > Doh > 1.0 > Mail Server Name++ HKLM > Software > Active Voice > MalEx > 1.0 > ServerName
**NOTE** In more recent versions of Unity, the above registry setting is in GUID format. If your registry setting is a GUID, the change needs to be made in DOHPropTest (itll convert your server name into the GUID string for you). Open DOHPropTest (again it can be in read only mode here) and hit the AD Monitor button in the lower right. Select your domain on the left and in the right list box select Mailbox_Store and update the string to contain the new server name instead of the old. Press the set button when youre done.· Start the GC monitor (AvDSGlobalCatalog) and AD monitor (AVDSAD) services in the SCM.
SIP traces provide key information in troubleshooting SIP Trunks, SIP
endpoints and other SIP related issues. Even though these traces are in
clear text, these texts can be gibberish unless you understand fully
what they mean. This document attempts to br...
Please find the attached HTML document, download and open it on your PC.
This provides an easy to use form where you simply answer a few
questions and it will render the proper jabber-config.xml file for you
to copy/paste. There is built in logic to verif...
CUCM Database Replication is an area in which Cisco customers and
partners have asked for more in-depth training in being able to properly
assess a replication problem and potentially resolve an issue without
involving TAC. This document discusses the bas...