Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Changing the GC in Unity 3.1.5 with Failover

I tried to change the GC in the registry by doing the following as found at :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a00800c3222.shtml

This is the directions:

Expand the key: HKLM\Software\Active Voice\DirectoryConnectors\DirSynchGlobalCatalog\1.00\Directory.

You will see a key called "DefaultGlobalCatalogServer." Change that to point to the new Global Catalog Server by entering a fully qualified domain name such as "mycomputer.mydomain.com."

After performing the above on both servers and rebooting, I took the old GC server down and started getting LDAP warnings in the application log on both Unity Servers. The warnings did not come after I made the change, only after I took down the old GC server.

Is there someplace else that I need to point the Unity servers to go for the GC? Have I missed something?

If you know how to do this, please let me know.

Thanks very much!

Jennifer

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Changing the GC in Unity 3.1.5 with Failover

Was this GC also acting as a domain controller for you by any chance? If so the other keys under the domains branch will also have "Default server" for that domain that will reference the same server name...

Yes, it was. What are the necessary steps for changing the default DC? Is it just that one registry key, or is there someplace that has detailed directions? Also, if I change that key, do I need to reboot? -- thanks!!

Cisco Employee

each domain will have it's own key there - just need to change that one value for each domain.

You'll need to restart Unity I believe...

Great - thanks. Since I have your ear, do you know if Unity 3.1.5 and above support Windows 2003 Server? Thanks again - last one for a while, I promise.

Cisco Employee

Well, normally I don't like folks changing the topic mid thread since people coming along later will have difficulty finding what they're interested in... but...

No, you will not be able to run Unity on a 2003 server just yet - we're testing now to see if there are issues with Unity running on 2000 but with the DC and/or GC running on 2003 - when that testing is complete we'll definitely put out a note about it since lots of folks are asking about it. But running Unity on 2003 itself is definitely not going to be supported any time in the near term.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content