Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing the Partner Exchange Server

jconi
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I'd like to know if we can change the Partner Exchange Server connected to Unity. I know we set it up during the installation but if this server fails or has to be removed, is there an another solution than the reinstallation on a working server?

Thanks in advance

JP

6 Replies 6

uversave
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Please inform me us well what version you have but yes you can rehome Unity to another exchange server in the organization by rerunning the second part of the Unity install called configuration setup.

Ullie

I've got Unity 3.1(3) with several Exchange 5.5.

Rerunning the configuration setup won't have any effect on the subscribers already created?

Thanks for your answer

jp

Hi

If I remember correctly there were some problems with 3.1.3 that when you changed mailstore the registry entries were not correctly updated. This process was solved in 3.1.5. I am looking up the bug id for you.

Ullie

Hi

The bug I was referring to was CSCdw58477 but this is regarding Exchange 2k and not Exchange 5.5. Anyway I would still recommend upgrading to at least to 3.1.5 as I have seen these problems on 5.5 as well.

Kind Regards

Ullie Versavel

Cisco Support Enginer

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your help.

I'll try to change it and I'll upgrade in case of problem

Bye

JP

we have v3.1.5 installed and its partner is a exchange 2000 server. we want to partner unity to another exchange 2000 server. configuration setup fails repeatedly. if i run configuration setup to point to the already existing exchange 2000 partner the setup runs to completion with no errors.

thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: