cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing the Softbuttons on 7960 phones

jtdyer
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to change/rearrange the softbuttons on the 7960 phones (you know, redial, newcall, etc)?

If so, where do I look for info on how to do it?

Finally, can they be assigned to "macro" functions -- my specific need is to do one button CFWDALL to a voicemail extension -- which can be used as a "do not disturb" function.

Thanks!

John

5 Replies 5

mschlenger
Level 3
Level 3

The soft butons are not changeable....well at least they are not right now. I have heard rumors that some future release will allow an administrator to manipulate the order of those keys. I get lots of complaints because they (users) have to hit the "more" key in order to confrence someone in. (amongst other annoying complaints)

The call forward all button also requires digits to be input by the user in order for this to work properly. The only other option you have with this is to configure the call fwd all on the directory # right on call manager. But then as soon as a user releases the call forward, the configuration erases and awaits input the next time the button is pushed. Either way, you're not going to get around having to have the users configure their call forward all #'s...

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, the ability to rearrange SoftKeys in the next major release is scheduled to be available. Don't know of a way to get around the last question.

I didn't think there was but I was hoping I'd missed something. "how do you do don't disturb, like on our old phones" is usually one of the FIRST questions I get from management types. I end up showing them how to CFWDALL to voicemail -- but the complaint is then "ugh, you mean we have to hit 6 buttons when we used to hit 1???"

Try 2 buttons.

1) Press CFwdAll softkey

2) Press messages button

Done.

good idea, thanks!

that should cut down some of the whining -- not ALL of it, but some of it.