Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing the unlock code (**#) on IP Phones

jefforsi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

my customer want to change the unlock code (**#) of IP Phones to improve security. I did a search and does not find anything about this.

Any idea?

3 Replies 3

bhattacharya.s
Level 1
Level 1

This can't be done - the phone's firmware will have to be changed for this. You can tell your AM or SE to launch a feature request and that might work out.

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

You could disable settings access on the phone via the ccm admin page. This way, you could not get to the setting page to unlock the phone.

I don't think this is what he wants - if the "access phone settings" option is disabled on the phone configuration page in Callmanager Admin, then even the administrator won't be able to make any changes when required.

It is not that we can make every possible change on the Callmanager - there are certain things which we can change only on the phone much faster - take for example, changing the TFTP server Ip address.

So, I don't see any good option.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: