Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

changing Unity 3.1.5 language

Hi,

at a customer I uninstall English and install German. Because the users license is only for one language. If I call Unity the system tell me after entering the pin that the system is temporarily unavailable. In the eventlog I see the message: CAVPhraseServerMgr: CreatePhrase ServeSU The language ENU is not loaded.

It seems like he wants to play the Englisch greeting, but did not find it. The default system language is German.

Where is the problem?

Achim

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: changing Unity 3.1.5 language

Sorry for the delay - musta missed this post when it first went by.

Yes, by default versions of Unity earlier than 4.0(1) will send you to the failsafe conversation if an object is set to play a language that's not installed - you can either hunt through and change all of the handlers,subscribers, routing rules etc... to make sure they aren't defaulted to ENU (which is a pain) or you can change the default behavior to simply fall back to the default installed language if the object's language is not found. This is the default behavior in 4.0(1) and later.

Here's a post that talks about how to edit the registry to change the default behavior here:

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.ee8fdfe/0#selected_message

Views
Helpful
Replies