Changing Unity Account on AD/

jefforsi
Level 1
Level 1
6 Replies 6

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Which account do you mean? The account associated with the Unity services in the SCM?

Please clarify what it is you're wanting to do and let usk now what version of Unity you're running.

I have a customer using Cisco Unity 3.1(5) with Exchange 2k, when a outside caller left a message to any subscriber, the Unity sends this message using Unity Account as "sender", so the "Sent Items" folder of this user is very large, them my customer want to delete these messages in this folder but he cannot remember the password to this account, so he has changed the password in Active Directory, then what's is the next step? I need to change this password in SQL database of Unity?

I'm searching on TAC, google and AnswerMonkey, but I cannot locate an useful information yet...

I'm having a hard time understanding what you're doing here.

If you're talking about the Unity_(server name) account you shouldn't need to get in and mess around with it at all - a background process in Unity itself takes care of making sure messages are not left around in the inbox, deleted items folder or sent items folder for any period of time - your customer should not have been messing around with this account at all in AD - if they have I would reccomend deleting it in SQL, AD and removing the message profile for it and restarting Unity - this will force Unity to recreate this account on the fly and then they should leave it alone.

If this is not what you're trying to do, please clarify.

Well,

the account is Unity_(servername), this account appear to be used when a outside caller left a voicemail to a subscriber as "sender" of this voicemail. For Example:

To: subscriber@example.com

Subject: Message from 5555555

This user (Unity_(servername)) has a mailbox on the Exchange, and when it sends a message (example above), it save this message on "Sent Items" folder... then my customer need to delete these messages but he don't have the password to this Unity account.

So, if I understand, I must remove this account on the AD, remove his mailbox then restart Unity? Delete it in SQL? Where I find this account on SQL, because this account is not a subscriber...

You shouldn't have to do that... only if the customer has been messing around with the account (which they should not be).

If they don't have the password for this account, how are they viewing the sent items folder for this guy?

Regardless, if there are messages being left in the sent items folder for this account for any period of time (i.e. days) then it's a bug and you should open a case with TAC.

If all they did is reset the password on the AD account, there's only one thing to check into. If this AD account is running any of the Unity services, the password for the account needs to be changed in the services control panel applet. AD passwords aren't store anywhere on Unity, so there's nothing to worry about it SQL.

I don't see the need to blow away the account and have Unity create a new one.

As Jeff mentioned, Unity should be cleaning these messages up, so they shouldn't have to worry about the "sent items".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: