Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Changing Unity Search Root

I have EX5.5 and Unity 4.02 and would like to import users from other sites in my exchange organization. Can someone help with the reg key that needs to be modified. I noticed that there are are several key in the registry that contain the search root HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Active Voice\Directory Connectors\DirSynchEx55\1.00\MailUsers\SearchRoot

and

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Active Voice\Directory Connectors\DirSynchEx55\1.00\MailboxStores\SearchRoot

and

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Active Voice\Directory Connectors\DirSynchEx55\1.00\Locations\SearchRoot

and

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Active Voice\Directory Connectors\DirSynchEx55\1.00\DistributionLists\SearchRoot

So.. Which regkeys should be changed to allow Exchange users from other site within the Org. to be imported into unity. (and function properly)

I downloaded the Advanced settings tool from answer monkey according to a TAC page and I was unable to locate the option to change it in the utility.

So what will allow me to import from other sites?

Many thanks!

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Changing Unity Search Root

You can't import users from other sites - in Exchange 5.5 you have to have at least one Unity server in each site that contains users you want to be subscribers. Cross site functionality on a single Unity server is not possible.

Unfortunately, Thank you.

I imagine this is because Site to site communication is SMTP vs. MAPI?

Can you do it in Exchange 2003 as we will be upgrading next year?

Cisco Employee

Once you get to AD (Ex2K, Ex2K3) these limitation don't apply - you don't want to span routing groups (since routing groups are designed to define well connected systems) but other than that you can have single Unity servers supporting multiple domains/OUs and the like no problem.

Yes, the limitations with MAPI prevent cross site logins using the "super user" account mechanism - you could do it with IMAP but that would require we have every user's login name/PW pair to monitor everyone's mailbox - not ideal by a long stretch.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content