cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing voicemail message using softphones (Possible??)

mike-k
Level 1
Level 1

I have the Cisco softphone (1.3.1) with one extension and a 7940 with different (but I do have it set where I can control my 7940 through the soft). I would like to be able to change my voice mail on my main line. Can I? and how?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paul.p
Level 1
Level 1

You may be able to change the message if the caller input settings are set up correctly in either the call handler or in your mail box. Call your Unity pilot number or your extension and when you hear the default greeting or your message, press *. If the system is set up to allow it you should hear "please enter your i.d. and then press pound." The i.d. Unity is looking for is your mailbox no. If you enter this correctly and press #, you should hear "enter your password and then press pound." At that point, you will be logged into your mailbox where you can change your greeting. One question, though. Why not just have your administrator put your 7940 DN on your softphone? Then you would just need to call the pilot number from that DN to access your mailbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paul.p
Level 1
Level 1

You may be able to change the message if the caller input settings are set up correctly in either the call handler or in your mail box. Call your Unity pilot number or your extension and when you hear the default greeting or your message, press *. If the system is set up to allow it you should hear "please enter your i.d. and then press pound." The i.d. Unity is looking for is your mailbox no. If you enter this correctly and press #, you should hear "enter your password and then press pound." At that point, you will be logged into your mailbox where you can change your greeting. One question, though. Why not just have your administrator put your 7940 DN on your softphone? Then you would just need to call the pilot number from that DN to access your mailbox.

Unfortunately my crew and I are a little inexperienced in this realm although we are overseeing a whole system ... there is still much for us to learn and many things on our system we are not taking advantage of ... ext mobility for one ... What need I do to " put your 7940 DN on your softphone" When ever I try to use the lines from the 7940 on my softphone it's more like I'm just controlling the physical phone on my desk and not that the soft phone has assumed and preceded the phyisical phone. (In other words I make a call on my 7940 lines from the soft and my phys phone goes on speaker and the call is initiated there instead of through the headset attached to the PC?)

Looks like you configured your softphone to control your 7940 IP Phone and thats why your speaker is turning on when you make a call using that DN on softphone.

You can configure your softphone to share the numbers on your 7940 so that you can use the same DN as your 7940 and make calls from your softphone.

All you need to do is create CTI ports and assign them the same number as your DN on the 7940 and make sure it shows up as shared line. Associate that CTI Device to the user from the Global Directory Page.

Then reboot your computer which has softphone loaded and when it asks you to choose lines, then you can choose the CTI Device instead of 7940 IP Phone.

You can then make calls from the Softphone using the same DN as your 7940 and check voicemail.

Pradeep

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: