Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

check/parameter/hearing sheet for connecting PSTN

Hi everyone,

I am looking for the check/parameter/hearing sheet to ask carrier/telecom company to prepare necessary

information before configuring the router for connecting to PSTN (Public Switched Telephone Networks),

for example, in case of SRST (Survivable Remote Site Telephony).

As you might be know, when the router connect to PSTN in case of SRST, it is need to get

necessary information from carrier/telecom company before configure the router and then

implement those information to the router as a configuration.

Because the requirements/characteristics of telephony technology to be able to connect PSTN

are different between each carrier/telecom company and each countries.

For example, what is the number of digit to be sent to the router from PSTN and so on.

I understand if there is necessary information to connect PSTN, installation/configuration of the router

is more easy than in there is no such information.

So I am looking for the check/parameter/hearing sheet to be used to ask carrier/telecom company,

"what is the requirements/characteristics to be able to connect the router to your PSTN network".

Your information would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Views
Helpful
Replies