Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Checking the status of associated devices

I have an app where I monitor a couple of phones, the customer considers it critical and a situation occured over the weekend where the switch the phones were attached to got unplugged and therefore the app lost attachment. Is there a way for the CTI app to notice when a phone, or provider for that matter, goes unavailable so that action can be taken. Such as an email alert or something. Perhaps some type of polling?

2 REPLIES

Re: Checking the status of associated devices

Two possible ways: 1) use JTAPI. If the phones de-register (or the CallManager loses contact with them) you will receive an out-of-service event. 2) poll the devicelistx report. The "s" attribute andicates the phones' status.

Re: Checking the status of associated devices

The Real Time Monitor plug in can send email alerts, I'm just not sure if it can monitor only one device? The event viewer also tracks this and can probably do something to the like? The switch can send snmp traps to a syslog server which can probably also send email alerts? I know there are lots of maybe here but with a little research one of these may work for you.

Views
Helpful
Replies