cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Chenging the alias on a Unity Subscriber

travis-dennis_2
Level 7
Level 7

Does anyone know if there is a way to change the alias that is a Unity subscriber is using from one exchange account to a different one? Technical difficulties prevent me from just creating another user at this time. Unity is scheduled to be overhauled soon but until then.....a lil help please?

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

there's more involved to pointing Unity at another Exchange account than just changing the alias.

What version of Unity are you running? If you're at 3.1(2) or later then you can use the Migrate Subscriber Data tool to do this for you - if you're at an older version there's no easy way to do this. You can check out Migrate Subscriber Data, its help file and training video on its home page here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_MigrateSubscriberData.htm

Thanks Jeff! Man that was simple AND easy!

Hows about an update on the Unity book?

well, this weekend I'm finishing up responding to all the first wave of technical review comments - it's moving along. I think the target "on the shelf" date is somewhere around May I think.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: