cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Cisco 1760 with IOS 12.2(15)ZJ1 and MGCP

Hi,

I'm planning to use that IOS software in order to have

SRST 3.0 support. I would be using MGCP and changing to H.323 when the connection to CCM is lost.

The problem is that when configuring MGCP I can't find the command in order to configure my backup CCM. Is there a way to do that in this release? or what do I need to do in order to have the MGCP gateway pointing to both CCM at my cluster.

TIA,

-Jose

6 REPLIES

Re: Cisco 1760 with IOS 12.2(15)ZJ1 and MGCP

While I'm not addressing your actual question, I am addressing the results you're looking for:

Let CallManager configure your IOS gateway:

ccm-manager config server x.x.x.x [your tftp server]

ccm-manager config

It will handle the rest. There are a few debugs if you need to see what is going on or troubleshoot, all under "debug ccm-manager config" (events, xml, etc). Call Agents (CCMs) will be configured based on the Device Pool the Gateway is in, just like your IP Phones.

Good luck.

Community Member

That sounds good.. and I also know that with the

ccm-manager redundant-host x.x.x.x I can add the backup CallManager as well but the main problem is that the

"ccm-manager" command is not available in the router. I'm running 12.2(15)ZJ1 because it will have the latest code on SRST v3.0x and it seems that the CCM-Manager is not available on that IOS version. So what I can do in order to have the MGCP Gateway configured to use my redundant CCM Cluster. Probably I will need to use H.323 instead of MGCP.

Any ideas?

TIA,

-Jose

CCM/MGCP control of 1760s was not made available until 12.3(2)T just a few weeks ago. It's probably in some other 1700-specific BU specials but I would have to recommend you review Feature Navigator for that.

I'm CCM/MGCP-controlling a c1760 here in my home lab right now using 12.3(2)T and CCM 3.3(3) so I can assure you the support is there.

Good luck.

Community Member

Are you using SRST 3.0 on that same router with

12.3(2)T or are you using just CCM/MGCP-Controlling??

What I need is CCM/MGCP-Controlling with SRST 3.0

within the Cisco 1760 Router..

TIA,

-Jose

Silver

SRST 3.0 is not in 12.3.2T yet. You will have to wait for the second release of T train on CCO for that. If you can use SRST 2.1 then you can go to 12.2.13ZH or 12.3.2T which has the ccm-manager commands.

Taimoor

The command to configure backup CCM is,

ccm-manager mgcp

ccm-manager redundant-host

ccm-manager switch-back {graceful|immediate|..}

Hope that helps!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content