Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco 1861- Configuring VoIP- Using PSTN

I need help configuring a 1861 ISR. This SOHO will have 4 analog line or PSTN connecting to the router and want to be able to connect 4 Cisco Ip Phones 796X to this router and make VoIP calls out the local ISP and out the PSTN. I was wondering what will be needed so that I can implement VoIP using the Cisco 796x Series phones with 4 pstn lines and a local ISP connection so that calls can be forwarded out.

I have attached a configuration of an existing 1861 we have implemented but registered to our CallManager via CallManager Fallback. However I want this design to be independent and totally separate from our network.

1 REPLY

Re: Cisco 1861- Configuring VoIP- Using PSTN

There's a pretty good chance you can just switch this over to a CME configuration rather than SRST. For CME you would configure 'telephony-service' after taking 'call-manager-fallback' out, and registering the phones directly there.

You would then create a SIP/H323 trunk to CCM for connectivity to other phones and calls.

If you would like PSTN connectivity to basic analog lines, you can get something like a VIC2-4FXO, a PVDM2-8, and route calls like that. For FXO lines they will be generally redirected to a single number via a 'connection plar' statement that leads to a receptionist's DN or an auto attendant.

Views
Helpful
Replies