Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1U Server

zathura43
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I have a cisco CWSIME-1160-K9 server, trying to install a new 73G scsi hard drive, I'm having a hard time setting it up, as far I know everything seems to be in the right order, but for some reason when I go to install the OS it keeps telling me can't find the hard drive.

what could be wrong?

where can I find some information about this product online.

your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

jack

6 Replies 6

gpulos
Level 8
Level 8

it seems you need to load the SCSI Array/Controller drivers before you attempt to install the OS.

these drivers will allow the OS to see the drive(s) and use them.

where can I find the drivers for that....

you can probably get this software from cisco.com if you have a CCO account and software maintenance. use this link if you can:

http://www.cisco.com/public/sw-center/

this device, although EOL, is supported through 2011 with software available through 2009.

mshavrov
Level 1
Level 1

When you boot up, does your controller see your new drives? First, you have to make sure, that everything works at the controller level. Not sure about this particular platform, but most HP servers have a special service partition, which allows you to build RAID, do controller setup, etc.

Second question - what are you trying to install? Is it a standard Windows 2000 installation, or you're trying to install Cisco OS image? If it's just Windows, then you should look at the controller (most likely it will be LSI Logic Ultra320 SCSI) for particular model number, and just Google for a drivers. Then, during CD-ROM bootup, press F6 when prompted, and install the controller drivers from a floppy.

Good luck,

Mike

http://www.headsetadapter.com

I'm installing windows 2003 std, I thought server 2003 come the driver but for some reason, I guess it is not install on that CD, thanks for the tips, hopefully I can find the drivers.

thanks for all the helps guys.

Did you ever find the drivers? If so, where?

Thanks,

Jason

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: