Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco 2610XM voice T1 with PSTN T1 connect

I have Cisco 2610 voice T1 circuit connect PSTN T1 circuit interface.

the 2610XM controller t1 config... (IOS is 12.2(13)T IP Plus)

framing sf

linecode b8zs

ds0-group 1 timeslots 1-24 type e&m-fgd

when I use my phone to dial PSTN T1 circuit number to access my cisco2610XM voice T1, just hear busy tone.

is my config have some wrong or...

another test.

I have as5300 have 8 voice T1 (use 12.2(1) IP Plus)

only T1 port connect PSTN T1 circuit (the same T1 circuit with cisco2610)

the same config with cisco2610,

when I use my phone to dial PSTN T1 circuit number to access my ciscoas5300 voice T1, I can hear dial tone.

so have someone can help me or give me a suggest.

thanks a lot

4 REPLIES

Re: Cisco 2610XM voice T1 with PSTN T1 connect

Shawn,

this is a long shot, but it is based on my experience. I have played witht he 2600XM and most of them come with the H323 v.4 which, still has some unresolved issues with some other Telephony devices out there ( i am not sure who needs to catch up to whom). Based on your description, it could well be an IOS issue. I would recommand the following:

1) downgrade the 2600XM to IOS 12.2(5) for example, or any other IOS that doesn't have the new h323 v.4 (i belive anything prior to 12.2(11) will do). if the problem persists, then

2) turn on debug isdn q931 to see what you get. I will suspect something around the "bearer's capability not implemented" ISDN cause in the ReleaseComplete that the XM sends back to the PSTN switch.

if 1) solves your problem but you would like to use the rich features available with the v4 stack, then you might need to contact the ISP and CISCO to reconcile differences. I will guess cisco will tell you how to adjust some of the parameters on the XM's end to make it work.

Finally, let's know how you resolve this issue. I am pretty interested in the outcome.

E.

hello,

thanks your reply,

about cisco 2610xm IOS, it have 12.2(8)T above now, no any 12.2(5) IOS. so I can't to downgrade.

becuase I use voice T1, is nonisdn, so I can't use any isdn q931... debug command to show anything.

we will contact cisco tac, how to reslove, if have any reslove, I'll tell your later

hi shawn.

i hardly dare to ask :

did you set up the dialpeers ???

if so, how ?

greetings,

gerhard

hello,

I have setting dialpeer for this port.

but I think don't to care dialpeer .

because use another pstn line to dial in cisco voice t1 pstn circuit,

direct can be hear dial tone, this model test not use any voip command. rihgt.

I seem problem is at cisco 2600 controller t1 config..

thanks your reply

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content