Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7914 Sidecar

Vance Krier
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

Has anyone deployed the 7914 sidecar? I hooked one up yesterday and was pretty disappointed. Buttons can only be configured as lines or speed dials. In the 'line' role, they provide some really nice status indicators with different colors for off hook, ringing, on hold, etc...but thats it. You can't use that button for transfers, etc. If you push it, it picks up the line because it really is just a shared line appearance. The speed dials work in this capacity but you lose all of the status lights.

Anyone know of plans to add functionality to this product? Did I just miss the point of this device? I hoped it would work in a departmental type adjunct role.

Thanks!

Vance

1 Reply 1

tim.medley
Level 2
Level 2

We have around 20 of these uints deployed. They work fine for what they are. Our main use is as BLF's, indicating who is on their line and who isn't. Not really using for speeddials.

We have the same complain about transfer buttons. Perhaps they will be added in a future version. I haven't heard of Cisco recognizing this as a feature request, but I have seen many requests for it.

Tim Medley, CCNP+Voice, CCDP, CWNA

Sr. Network Architect

VoIP Group

iReadyWorld