Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cisco 7935 Factory Reset

I have a Cisco 7935 Conference Unit that won't boot up beyond the message "Cannot Contact TFTP Server". It gets a DHCP IP Address, but when I sniff on the LAN I cannot see it even attempting to contact a TFTP server.

It won't let me browse to it. It won't let me access any menus etc via the keypad.

Is there a way of forcing it to reset to factory defaults from boot up?

13 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Cisco 7935 Factory Reset

menu -> admin setup -> **# -> restore defaults -> yes

thanks for that, but it won't let me access any menus, it stops at "can't contact TFTP server". I need a way of resetting to factory defaults from boot up.

Cisco Employee

Can you try to power on the phone, but not connect the ethernet. See if you can access the menu's like that..

unfortunately, the phone gets stuck at 'obtaining IP Address' when there is no ethernet connectivity.

Cisco Employee

Hey John,

Can you try to setup an alternate TFTP server. You can set up the same TFTP server address that you obtained from teh TFTP server. Then save and it will reload. See if that helps.

I wonder if the DHCP server is not offering option 150 propery, so I am trying to hardcode the TFTP server address.

I have the same problem and no body offers any good idea to resolve it.

I do not know why but its really doesnt work, I have to buy another ipphone for conference.

Yes, I have now accepted that the only option is to RMA the unit. That's the only solution I can find on the Cisco Website.

Sorry John, I do not understand what is RMA, I really needs to resolve this problem

apologies,

RMA is the acronym for the Cisco Return of faulty products etc facility. I found an entry in one of ciscos problem cases that advised that you need to send the 7935 back to cisco when this happens to it and they will send out a new one. but I assume that this all depends on the relationship you and/or your company/employer has with cisco/cisco partner and whether you bought the 7935 directly from them or one of the authorised resellers, not quite sure, but its worth investigating.

Cheers,

John

I you have some idea about it PLEASE let me know because I have the same problem

josegre@gmail.com

I have never tried this with a 7935, but generally, all Cisco phones can be forced to reset to factory defaults using the process bellow:

1. disconnect the device from all cables

2. press and hold the # key while powering up

3. when the screen comes up, just type 123456789*0# and then 2

Hope this helps.

BR

szge

Thanks for the reply. However I have already tried this to no avail. I believe to RMA it is the only way.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content