cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7960 IP Phone not connecting call

s.foley
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I have recently upgraded our CallManager server to v3.3(3) with sr3. The OP sys and SQL service packs have all been applied as per Cisco recommendations.

The issue I have now is that when I try to call a 7960, the phone rings, I pick up the handset and the phone continues to ring. After about 10 to 15 seconds the phone does a restart and the ringing stops. On the phone I am ringing from I hear a ring tone once, then a re-order tone.

Additionally, When I make a call from the 7960 to a 7910 the call connects with no problems.

Any ideas?

7 Replies 7

jbond_c24
Level 1
Level 1

What phone load is the 7960 running?

I have tried the P00305000300 load, as part of the troubleshooting process I have also tried downgrading the phones to 5.1.

Any Ideas?

You might try reloading the P00305000300 load. I had a problem with the 7912 phones. After upgrading to a new load the phones wouldn't register. After trying a couple of things I finally went back and reloaded the firmware. On the second attempt everything started working fine.

OK, I will give the P00305000300 load another go. The problem seemed to happen after the CCM sr3 patch was applied, I am surprised no-one has seen this before.

Making calls from the 7960s is no problem its just receiving calls that is the issue, I added a 7935 to the server today, that has exactly the same problem. I dred to think what would happen if this was a real life CallManager installation, imagine it was on a customer site with only 7960s (flagship phone), it would be a nightmare.

If anyone has seen this before and managed to solve the issue can you let me know.. Thanks

s.foley
Level 1
Level 1

Information update:-

We have the callmanager installed in the London office with a range of demo IP Phones. I am based in the Manchester office with the same range of IP Phones. The problem as stated above only applied to the Manchester office, London is fine..

Manchester connects to London via a 1Mb 20:1 ADSL circuit using a 3DES VPN from a PIX501 to a VPN Concentrator. The ADSL router in Manchester is a 1751 with a WIC-1ADSL.

I have tried putting the Manchester phones in the same region as the london phones to verify there are no codec issues but the fault stays the same.

Any further ideas?

There's a newer phone load out that addresses some known issues (0400).

s.foley
Level 1
Level 1

FIXED!!

I have found a workaround for the problem above... Its a strange one though, I simply issued the no fixup protocol skinny 2000 command on our local pix 501 and voila everything is working. The PIX 501 is running the 6.2(2) code for future reference.