cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7960G and Firmware Upgrades

r.drummond
Level 1
Level 1

is there a certain upgrade path i have to take to upgrade the SIP firmware on my 7960G. i got the phone, and upgraded it to 6.1 successfully, then i went and tried to upgrade to 7.5, and all the phone would do is come up and say "Protocol Application Invalid" I was able to revert back to 6.1 and salvage the phone. i was just wondering if i had to go through each revision until i get to 8.2?

thanks.

-Rob

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Rob

See this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4967/products_upgrade_guides09186a008022a968.html#wp1053736

The table states that to go from SIP 5 or 6.x to 7.x you need to do procedure D, and the '2' footnote says you can't go straight to 7 but need to go to 6.3 first.

Clear as mud?

Hope this helps..

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

ok, well i have upgraded to 6.3, when i tried to go to 7.6, i got the Protocol Application Invalid again. I went back to 6.3 again, and tried to apply 7.0 and work from there. I got the same result. i am just confused as to why it is not working. i do have a question. when i look in the OS79XX.txt file i see P003-07-0-00

should that read P0S3-07-0-00 to reference the SIP version?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: