cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Agent Desktop and ICM 4.6.1

charlesreindorf
Level 1
Level 1

We are about to deploy the Cisco Agent Desktop on top of ICM 4.6.1 with Call Manager, and I will need to integerate with other CTI functions on the same desk top.

I see that the Cisco Agent Desktop allows call-outs to other applications with ANI, DNIS etc on incomming calls (referred to as "workflow"), but I do not see any reference to how you would get it to (e.g.) initiate a new call from outside the application.

I'd like to use Softphone Controls in a separate application to do this, but I belive this will only interoperate with the Cisco Agent Desktop if it works on top of Desktop Control Software (as opposed to being directly integrated with CTIClient). Does anyone have any clarification on how the Agent Desktop is structured, and whether it will work in this manner?

2 Replies 2

wiwebb
Level 4
Level 4

Here is the scoop, with some marketing thrown in:

Cisco Agent Desktop is intended to be a "plug and play" or "out of the box" desktop. It can be customized using the Workflows and programmable keystroke macro buttons to interoperate with other desktop applications.

Cisco CTI Object Server (CTIOS) is another desktop offered for use with ICM/IPCC. This is the evolution of the old "CTI Toolkit Desktop", but the architecture is much different and much more robust. This can also be used "out of the box" with the basic telephony controls as well as supervisor functions, and these have been fully tested. In addition, because this is also a toolkit, CTIOS allows you to create custom desktops using the telephony control objects in VB, etc. If you are looking for more of a custom integration with an existing CRM package in your environment or "home grown" applications, etc., then CTIOS is probably your best bet.

- Bill

michael_oldham
Level 1
Level 1

The CAD software license deos what you describe in a macro like fashion

To use the active/X controls get the CTI agent license.

Here you can use CTI/OS CTI client or DCS/

Michael