Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Agent Desktop Problems

I have CRS 3.1(2) against CallManager 3.3(3). I have approx 30 agents using cisco agent desktop. On several of the agents pc's, when they login to Agent Desktop, the softphone comes up fine. However, the enterprise data window and call/chat window do not come up and gives an error for both. The error is "Cisco Agent Desktop was unable to properly initialize". Has anyone seen this before? It seems to happen intermittently, and only to a few agents.

Thanks

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Cisco Agent Desktop Problems

Problem:- When I start Agent, I get two messages, one for Enterprise Data and the other for Call/Chat. The message is identical for both and reads, “Cisco Agent Desktop was unable to properly initialize.”

Solution:- Looks like the appropriate dll is not registered properly. Below is the procedure.

You must register the file fastcallserverproxy.dll with the system.

To do this, open a DOS session (click Start—Programs—

Command Prompt) and navigate to the folder that contains fastcallserverproxy.dll (typically this is C:\Program Files\Cisco\Desktop\bin). At the prompt type:

Windows 9x:

C:\windows\system\regsvr32 fastcallserverproxy.dll

Windows NT and 2000:

C:\winnt\system32\regsvr32 fastcallserverproxy.dll

and press Enter. Then close the DOS window and restart Agent.

The above one is documented in "Service Information -Cisco Desktop Product Suite", here is the URL for the same.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/sw_ap_to/apps_3_1/english/admn_app/sinfo.pdf

Hope this helps.

Regards

Venkat

Re: Cisco Agent Desktop Problems

Thanks Venkat. I tried that last week and got an error message that it failed to load the dll. It could be a permissions issue with the user not having rights to load the driver, but I can't find any documentation on whether that's the case.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content