Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco and other phones for SIP

tom
Level 1
Level 1

Ladies and Gentlemen:

I am running Call Manager 4.1(3)sr3a at one of my locations with Unity 5.0(1.0) and Exchange 2003.

This is a SIP newbie question.

What Cisco and other branded phones work well with SIP? I am talking about “hard phones” at this point.

I am getting some conflicting information.

Thanks, Tom

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

are you planning to use them with 4.X?? i mean, you want to register them to CCM???

because SIP support is only 5.X and above, previous versions require a separate SIP server and a SIP trunk to CCM for this to work

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

HTH, we are going to 5.x in the first half of 2009. Can SIP be run in a mixed environment? Or is it one or the other?

Yes, it would be nice to register with CCM 4.x.

I was hoping to setup something in a lab environment to CCM 4.x. It maybe more trouble than it is worth.

Thanks Again, Tom

HTH = Hope This Helps haha

yes, you can have both SIP and SCCP in 5.X and above. Windows based CCM only supports SCCP for phones and as i mentioned, the only way to have this is to have a SIP Proxy, Registrar, Etc separate and create a SIP trunk to communicate between systems.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: