Helpful
Replies

Cisco ATA

csanchez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Not sure if this the correct forum.

Would like to know wether the Cisco ATA 18x product are the only ATAs that would function in t a Cisco VoIP Network. What compatible third party products, if any, are supported?

Thanks,

Carlos

6 Replies 6

francis.labelle
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco also have a product named VG200 (analog device gateway), this gawetay is a high density ATA (24 ports).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/gatecont/ps2250/ps5627/index.html

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

ATA is a lot cheaper than VG224/248. If you dont have much port density requirements, you should be ok with using ATA. VG224/248 requires that you centralize your wiring for analog devices to a wiring closet which will home the vg224/248 and a patch panel that breaks out the RJ21 interface to individual rj11s.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

timurbayazitov
Level 1
Level 1

Do you use CCM in your VoIP network ? If so, you can try different h323 ATA: addpac, audiocodes for example, but with limited functionality, comparing to SCCP. New

CCM 5.0 will support third-party SIP terminals, but you will need to purchase additional license. If you don't use CCM, you can try any H323 or SIP device.

thanks for the reply,

I do use CCM4.1(3) and I only need a two port ATA for my situation. I am simply looking to buy the cheapest ATA available that would meet my needs.

Problem is I am unsure as to what are the minimum requirements for it to work in my VoIP network, or interact with CCM. My guess is that it would depend on the configuration, but what are the main concerns?

Thanks again,

Carlos

Main concerns,

a. ATA supports only fax passthrough

b. ATA cannot do more than 14400 on fax.

an ata 186 should do your job. With CCM, you may use either H323 or SCCP image. You should use ATA 186 with H323 image if using with callmanager express.

hth

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Thanks again,

Could I use a product that is not cisco, or does it have to be a cisco product? If it can be a non-cisco product, what are the minimum requirements for the product to be able to work with the Cisco VoIP Network?

Does the device have to be among the listed when adding a new phone device in CCM?

Thanks,

Carlos