cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CallManager Express and Cisco CallManager 3.3

gdonev
Level 1
Level 1

I work for a company that currently has Cisco CallManager 3.3 (Windows) installed. We are using the Cisco Softphone through our vpn and it can sound bad at times due to the lack of quality of service on our VPN. Was wondering if we can place a CME on the external DMZ of our network and Via SIP for our external sales people working from homes route their calls to and from our CallManager 3.3 to the CME.

7 Replies 7

mohamedtag
Level 1
Level 1

Hello gdonev ,

I just finished a Lab that almost have the same functionality that you specefied :

1 - Inside our Network a Cisco Callmanager 3.3 (4).

2 - Outside Network Cisco Callmanager Express 3.4.

3 - The IP Phones / Soft Phones register on the CCME.

4 - Through an H323 Trunk between the CCM & CCME the IP Phones can dial the Extension registered on the CCM and can make PSTN Calls through the CCM.

If you needed detailed information regarding the configuration , Please notify me.

Regards

M.Tag

Yes I would like to have more details and how that works. It is definately an interesting concept and cisco's solution for a SIP solution that can interconnect with their older technologies.

Thanks

I would be interested as well, would appreciate if you could please send me more information. My e-mail address us karanprakash2004@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Tarun

Hi:

I would be very interested in your detail info. would you please send to fwissue@gmail.com?

thanks,

Hello guys,

I have a similar setup to implement. Could you please send me the detailed information. My email fgeta@hotmail.com.

Thank you in advance.

Hello guys,

I have a similar setup to implement. Could you please send me the detailed information. My email fgeta@hotmail.com.

Thank you in advance.

The bad quality is not caused by lack of QoS on the VPN, but by the voice traffic traversing the public internet. Registering the phone to a CME will not change the transport path as it still needs to go via the internet where no QoS control can be accomplished. Also, if you place the CME on DMZ then you exploit your system to security risks as well. Just some thoughts.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: