cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CallManger 3.1 installation issues

GW M
Level 1
Level 1

I installed Cisco CallManager 3.1 on Windows 2000 5.00.2195 SP2 with SQL 7.0 SP4. I'm having a problem with the following services starting; Cisco CallManager,Ciso CTIManager and Cisco RIS DataCollector. The event viewer for the application log is saying;

1 - Source CallManager: Error: Database connection error..

2 - Cisco MOH Audio: Error: SDIControlLayer for Cisco MOH Audio Translator application is attempting to connect to Database..

3 - Cisco IP Voice Media: Error: SDIControlLayer for Cisco IP Voice Media Streaming App application is attempting to connect to Database..

Any ideas what it could be and where to even begin to debug the problem?

1 Reply 1

rlyons
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Gregg,

First, are you using a Cisco approved server which has been installed from the STI scripted installation procedure? Second, did you have an active network connection to a switch (or hub) when you did the install? I have had problems with CallManager connecting to its databases or processes when doing a manual install or simply forgetting to patch to a switch.

Bob

BTW The solution in the case if not having a good network connection was to start over. I do not know if there is a quicker fix.