cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Catalyst Blade Switch 3020 and Cisco IPCC and AVVID

dmh070853
Level 1
Level 1

Customer wants to know if they can run their IPCC (Enterprise] apps on the HP blade.

I think not ( I have seen no mention).

I am sure it has not been certified to take the place of the HP brand MCS servers (or any other).

Please confirm so I can let the customer know.

2 Replies 2

gpulos
Level 8
Level 8

there currently is no supported HP3020 for IPCC that is stated in any hardware requirements.

i don't think this is currently supported by TAC either. (no mention of use for AVVID platform anywhere)

David,

Here is the link to the Cisco ICM/IPCC Enterprise & Hosted Edition Releases 7.0(0)/7.1(1) Hardware & System Software Specifications (Bill of Materials)

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps1001/c1626/ccmigration_09186a00804d7607.pdf

Excerpt from page 10

Cisco strongly recommends the use of MCS servers for all applicable ICM Enterprise and Hosted Edition solution applications. For

the 7.0(0) release, the MCS server solution is required for all IPCC Enterprise (including System IPCC) deployments. This

requirement applies to new IPCC Enterprise and System IPCC deployments and expansions. If you have non-MCS hardware, you

may upgrade to the 7.0(0) release and remain on that hardware as long as your hardware specifications comply with Appendix A ?

Server Classes, and your contact center capacity requirements are within the capacity limits listed in section 7. For ICM Enterprise

and ICM Hosted Edition customers, non-MCS (?generic?) servers that essentially match MCS specifications for a given server class

may be deployed; these are separately specified in Appendix A ? Server Classes. Note that high end carrier-class generic servers are

specified for specific applications that have no current MCS equivalent.

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred