cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Collaboration Server V5?

travis-dennis_2
Level 7
Level 7

Does any one know when Version 5 is due out and what the major improvements will be?

8 Replies 8

mweiner
Level 1
Level 1

It should be released mid year. The major improvements include integration with ICM and CeM which offer consolidated reporting in WebView

Thanks. One issue I have is that when an agent shares a desktop with a caller the caller's screen is never a full screen view as with other similar solutions. The caller always has to scroll some. Do you know if this is addressed in V5?

The default setting is 640 x 480 and can be changed within the pub/html/appshare documments. I'm not quite sure exactly where but I'll dig around and see if I can get a better answer.

Thanks for trying Matt! I'll keep my fingers crossed

The size is hard coded it turns out, and I'll ask the Product team if this is in the works for 5.0. The image is all there, but the shared image goes to a low common denominator for H x W. I'll let you know what I learn.

tom.deane
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I'm looking for individuals to contact that have experience using the Cisco eMail Manager product (any version). Could you drop me a line if you can help. Thanks.

Hi Tom,

I may be able to help. What issues are you experiencing?

jeff.marshall
Level 1
Level 1

At the Users Conference, Cisco advised that the integrated suite of products (v5.0 ICM, CCS & CeM) was pushed out to 2/28/03. Some subsets may be released earlier. It was an interesting speech in that they outlined what they are doing to focus on quality (with acknowledgement placed on the “lack of”) rather than the typical Cisco sermon. It seems that someone finally "got it" relative to product quality - hopefully it wasn't rhetoric.

I do not know the published improvements.

/Jeff