cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Conference Connection

ciscogini
Level 4
Level 4

We are currently using Meet-me to have our meeting, btu as you all know it has limitatins of it own, like max number of people and no control and others.

We are lookign for some other souiton, which is not as much expensive as Meeting Place. Becuae all meeting do not have presentations.

If you users of Confernce Connection can give me some feeback, that will be great.

1. Hardware limtations

2. Any extra DSP resources needed in additon to the server.

3. Quality of the conference, if the the users are accross the WAN.

4. If the users are accross the WAN do we need DSP resources.

Any other commnets.

Thank you.

4 Replies 4

networkkid
Level 1
Level 1

We were planning to deploy CCC when we were told CCC will be end-of-line soon.

Fearing the possibility of facing compatibility problems when we upgrade our CallManager in the future, we opted for MeetingPlace Express.

Seems like CISCO's strategy is to replace CCC with MeetingPlace.

Under no circumstances should CCC be deployed. It has been an ongoing maintenance nightmare for us, and

we bought into it soon after it was released.

Meeting Place Express is targetted for similar size installations as should have been appropriate for CCC.

I haven't been able to get our rep to return calls/emails about upgrading from CCC to MeetingPlace Express, so I cannot comment on MPE.

Ditto on the CCC deployment. Just an FYI if you had an existing software assurance contract on CCC at the time that MPE came out you are entitled to a free upgrade to MPE. If you can't get a call back from your rep then just try PUT and see if you can get the upgrade from it.

Hope this helps.

Please remember to rate all replies

But is it not MPE is nothign but CCC. Just with a name change.

All the gimic for the marketing.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: