Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Digital PBX Adapter 7630

Has anyone used a DPA 7630? We are using Avaya's Unified Messaging product. It runs on a Win2K server and uses Brooktrout analog voice cards :-( Our last install we used a 6624 FXS module to provide the analog ports.

However, my next site I will not be installing the Callmanagers at the same location as the Cat6500's, so I need to get 24 analog ports to the Avaya server. It doesn't look like the 24 port VG200 will be available soon enough. I am thinking that I can use the DPA 7630 to provide the analog ports. I am planning to eval a 7630 to see if it will work, but I am interested if anyone has used the device.

Thanks,

Tom.

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Cisco Digital PBX Adapter 7630

Tom,

The 7630 emulates an Avaya PBX digital phone port when connected to an Octel digital FLT board. So you would not use them to integrate to an analog voice mail system.

It sounds like you may want to use a WS-X6624-FXS blade in a Cat6k where the voicemail system is located, and have it register across the WAN to the CallManagers and use G.729 if required.

If you need SMDI between that location and a CallManager, then you can use the async tunneling feature on routers to bring the SMDI connection across the WAN.

Thanks Dave. Do you have an idea when the 24 & 48 port VG200's will be available? I have political issue where my cat6k will be in a building that the server folks do not want their servers installed. So, I am looking for alternate solutions. I can get by with 8 ports from 2 VG200's for about 6 to 9 months, then I will need more. The callmanagers and UM server will be co-located in the same building/rack so I will not have a problem with SMDI.

Cisco Employee

I am pretty sure that the VG248 will be available by the end of the year, but don't hold me to that. I will try to find out an expected timeframe from the product manager and let you know.

Cisco Employee

Here is the information on expected timeframes for the boxes:

VG248 - Sep 2001

VG224 - approx Mar 2002

Views
Helpful
Replies