Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco distributor keeps sending wrong part

We are a Cisco Partner and buy all of our customer equipment through an authorized Cisco distributor.

WIth that said, we purchased Cisco 891 routers and ordered them with the 800-IL-PM-4 kit to add PoE.  The problem, is there there are 2 different options for the 800-IL-PM-4 kit, an 80W option and a 120W option.  The 80W option has 2 power pins and the 120W option has 4 pins.

We ordered 12 891 routers total and 4 of them came with the 2 pin power supply, and 8 of them came with the 4 pin power supply.  However, all of the routers only have a 2 pin power port.

We contacted our Cisco distributor, send back the wrong power supplies, and they resent the incorrect power supplies again.  Of course, return shipping was on our dime....

I am referencing this document, which does not give any indication of what a "new" and "old" router is other that the part numbers CISCO89X or C89X:

Q.

Can the PoE be upgraded after ordering?

A. Yes, you can upgrade the PoE on all models except the C892FSP-K9, which does not support PoE at all. For all Cisco 890 Routers, the product ID (PID) for the PoE upgrade is 800-IL-PM-4=. This PID comes with two power supply options: 80 or 125 watts. The older CISCO890 requires the 80-watt option, whereas the newer C890 requires the 125-watt option.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/800-series-routers/qa_c67-520756.html

So my question is, how do I get our disctributor to see the light and send us the correct power supply.  It is very confusing to have the same part number for the PoE option and be 2 different products?

Thanks

Jesse

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.