Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Emegency Responders Configuration

Iam new to the world of Cisco emergency responder (ER). i have a configuration question on  ER

I have an exisiting CUCM cluster in the US talking to an Emergency responsder (ER) in US for all the 911 calls.

we have another CUCM cluster in the Europe(EU) network , which does nor have any Emergensy responder.

I have a task to configure the Europe CUCM cluster to use the same  Emergency responder located in US..

my questions are

1. Under the Telephony settings there is only one set of the folllowing:

----populated with the US emergency details---------------------

Route Point for Primary Cisco ER Server * 
Route Point for Standby Cisco ER Server  
PSAP Callback Route Point Pattern * 
ELIN Digit Strip Pattern * 
UDP Port Begin * 
Inter Cisco ER Group Route Pattern 
IP Type of service ( 00-FF ) * 0x 
Onsite Alert Prompt Repeat Count * 
Use IP Address from call signaling

----------------------------------------------------------------

if i need to use the same ER server to support  the EU CUCM cluster ,
do i need to running translation patterns for their Emergency numbers to 911 and 911 to theirs back ? or
is there a straight forward option?

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
1 REPLY
Silver

You should check this section

You should check this section of the admin guide:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cer/9_0/english/administration/guide/CER0_BK_CBC9B8B3_00_cisco-emergency-responder-admin-guide/CER0_BK_CBC9B8B3_00_cisco-emergency-responder-admin-guide_chapter_01.html#CER0_TP_EBDD4165_00

You'll want to create a separate er server group for the other cluster. Otherwise, you're stuck with the jtapi version restriction which essentially means that both clusters have to remain on identical versions.

Views
Helpful
Replies