Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Fax Relay to T.38 Fax Relay

metalium2007
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

Is it possible to convert with the help of a CUBE(IP2IP) incoming Cisco Fax Relay transmissions to T.38 Fax Relay format in the outgoing?

thanks,

met

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Met,

CUCM is signaling only. You can put CUCM between your signaling endpoints, but it's not going to change any of the media since all of the media is directly between the endpoints. CUBE in this case is a back-to-back user agent so it terminates each end of the call.

-nick

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi Met,

Unfortunately this isn't possible. The DSPs do not currently have support for this, nor do I know of any plans to support it.

The popular workaround is to put a back to back PRI on CUBE and do CFR---PRI--(loop)--PRI--T38

hth,

nick

Thank you very much for helping me.

And can't i use a CUCM in the middle?

thanks again,

met.

Hi Met,

CUCM is signaling only. You can put CUCM between your signaling endpoints, but it's not going to change any of the media since all of the media is directly between the endpoints. CUBE in this case is a back-to-back user agent so it terminates each end of the call.

-nick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: