Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Fax Server 9.4 - RightFax Enterprise Manager

Hi everone,

I'm trying to install the Cisco Fax Server 9.4, but I'm some problem after the instalation. Some services show "Starting" and another "Stopped". I don't known why.

I put the license after the instalation of the Cisco Fax server and after the integration with de SQL and I can't navegate on the screen "RightFax Enterprise Manager". When I click under the name CISCFAX(TCP/IP), any option how Users, open the box whit a message "Login for server CISCOFAX". I get the password of the User ID came back other message "Error 2 Communicating with fafx server. The system cannot find the file specified".

Somebody can help urgent because the implementation has to work this week and I can't to began the configuration of the fax server.

I'm attached the printscreen.

Regards,

Vinicius S Ramos

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Vinicius,

By default when you have installed CFS use as login name Administrator and the password is blanc (no password).

I am not sure when you mentioned "

icense after the instalation of the Cisco Fax server and after the integration with de SQL"

Because during implementation you either enter the SUID or you enter Demo after this you can choose either SQL epxress (Which comes by default) or SQL Server.

To see what is really going wrong please take a look at the windows event log it will list exactly what the issue is and I guess that the license is not valid.

Did you open a Tac or PDI case, if yes please let me know the id.

Keep me posted.

Regards,

Marco

2 REPLIES

Hello Vinicius,

By default when you have installed CFS use as login name Administrator and the password is blanc (no password).

I am not sure when you mentioned "

icense after the instalation of the Cisco Fax server and after the integration with de SQL"

Because during implementation you either enter the SUID or you enter Demo after this you can choose either SQL epxress (Which comes by default) or SQL Server.

To see what is really going wrong please take a look at the windows event log it will list exactly what the issue is and I guess that the license is not valid.

Did you open a Tac or PDI case, if yes please let me know the id.

Keep me posted.

Regards,

Marco

Hi Marco,

Now I can navigate at the CFS.

Sorry my question got a little confusing. Now they are working.

Yesdarday I did the re-installation of the Windows 2003 Server and CFS. 

Today I went to activite the license of Broothrout (SR140-4-R3), at the end of the activation show me the message that the license is invalid.

Do you know if the problem with the license , because a uninstall the CFS and after I install again, once that I already actived the license ?

More one question. Do you have some documentation that explain how to configure CFS. How to configure user's and extension inside of CFS ?

I open the TAC and I sent the e-mail for license to try solve that problem with the invalid license.

Regards,

Vinicius

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content